The coronavirus pandemic has paused every economy in the world and has naturally reduced companies’ financial forecasts for 2020. However, the trait of every successful business is the readiness to bounce back and return stronger and smarter. This requires a rethinking full marketing strategy spectrum, as mentioned in Digital Marketing Strategies to Focus on During COVID-19
This has put the spotlight on all aspects of marketing. Brands’ use of digital for marketing communications is no exception.
Digital Marketing post COVID-19 will demand that businesses redesign their marketing game plan. In the same vein, develop continuous experimentation and best practices within of paid advertising.
Certainly, just after the COVID-19, Re-activate and Re-Engage (re-launch) phases will set in. Digital marketing teams must change their media plans and campaign calendar. This must be done as soon as possible to prepare for these phases.
Future campaigns must prioritize boosting lifetime value and customer experience at all times. Most importantly, without underperforming when it comes to delivering a purpose-driven and meaningful brand.
Scaling Performance Marketing Strategy
Without a doubt, marketers will have to become avid growth hackers. Importantly it should understand how to build customer-centric performance strategies with a complete end-to-end consumer journey approach. Performance Marketing Excellence will only be possible with the right set of marketing tools.
- It is crucial to adopt the right tools that best fit the key stages of the funnel with customer experience KPIs.1. Awareness: Building brand lift, meaningfulness, and value for money are must with your performance strategies.
- Consideration: Innovative performance techniques creating interest will be needed. It is especially critical to engage with the consumer using new hooks and early in the buyer’s journey. This will translate to optimize ROAS.
- Conversion: Conversion-focused tactics are a must for your performance marketing. However, innovative and personalized campaigns are relevant, and based on CRO best practices are necessary.
Importantly, make sure your campaigns resonate and solve their problems. With an emphasis on the perceived value proposition focusing on the benefits of your company. The rule of thumb is to make it 80% educational and 20% useful.
Social listening and Analytics
Social media listening is about finding and tracking online conversations of users around the world to gain insights around the business. These insights provide opportunities for brands in terms of shared voices, influence, impact, and other key metrics.
- Content Management Systems (CMS) with Marketing Automation features: A content management system enables brands to create and optimize digital content. Web-based systems syncs with your website. It enables your company to effectively manage your digital assets as well as her editorial calendar.
- Search Engine Optimization & Web Analytics: SEO and Web Analytics are the first tools that come to mind once your digital assets are live. Inbound marketers rely on great SEO strategies that help them attract the right target audience. Usually, via search engines and deploy web analytics to understand, analyze, and optimize advertising ROI.
- Inbound and Email Platforms: Inbound and Email marketing strategies must be relevant to achieve their goals. There are lots of tools for emailing and marketing automation that will allow you to personalize responses. Also, help automate repetitive communications in your consumer journey.
- Full integration of your Marketing Cloud and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform: It will be necessary especially in the closing phase of the Purchase touchpoints to implement marketing cloud and CRM. The selected CRM tool will perform greatly for Lifetime value purposes in the longterm. Also, the software as a service CRM platform must have advanced data and customer interaction insights. For your company to be able to manage, drive sales growth, and improve customer overall experience.
Choose the best tools
There are countless social media management tools out there, ensure you also select and deploy effective tools. Social Media Management Tools help brands and companies communicate with their target audience on a personalized level and maximize engagement. These include:
- Advertising tools: this helps to maximize your mobile, display, PPC, and social marketing results.
- Customer Service Tools: these tools enable your company to provide great seamless and smart answers to all of your customer’s needs leveraging on historical data.
- Revenue and Channel Management Technologies Tools: promoting your company’s best business results with a focus on Average Order Online, ROAS, and Cost per Acquisition.
- Collaborative Tools: facilitates workforce productivity, empowerment, and engagement geared at maximizing results.
Perhaps, the real challenge for your company is to adopt the most effective tool. Equip, and train your team in the coming weeks on maximizing customer satisfaction, and digital marketing ROI. The level of digital strategy execution and the size of your team will inform the decision in selecting the right tools.
Think smart, and maximize your ROI
The ultimate goal of performance in every business is to maximize and optimize ROI. This is achieved by connecting the right audiences with a relevant message and call to actions.
Performance marketing strategy for post COVID-19 must be designed with a brand, consumer experience, and business in mind. Hence, focusing exclusively on short term conversion results is not the best option to improve your brand’s Life Time Value and maximize your financial results.
In conclusion, work with creative campaign concepts that challenge the consumer, as well as building awareness and meaningfulness. It is critical to connecting with the consumer in the early stages of the journey, driving conversions, and improving customer experience.